Ars Magica 4th Edition at a Glance
- The award-winning game of secretive magi in Mythic Europe, with award-winning rules and a stellar magic system.
- A comprehensive core book provides all of the setting and mechanics needed to play. Expand your world and make gaming easier with an extensive line of supplements.
- This 4th edition provides an easy entry into the magical world of Ars Magica with a free download!
- For more information on the current version of Ars Magica, visit the 5th edition line page.
What is Ars Magica 4th Edition?
Ars Magica is an award-winning roleplaying game about wizards in the 13th century. It is a land of adventure and mystery, of falling empires and rising nations, of legendary creatures and incredible myths.
At the center of your saga is the covenant: the magi, their companions, and their Grog servants. Step into the shoes of each group with Ars Magica's unique troupe-style play.
Stories revolve around the covenant, which is part mystical college, part magical laboratory, part Hermetic fortification, and part bastion of secrecy.
What secrets will you possess? What powers will you unleash? What enemies will you face? Find out in Ars Magica.
Apprenticeships: Gameplay Basics
In Ars Magica, players contribute to the story of their covenant with multiple characters and troupe-style play. Sagas can be small-scale, local tales, or sweeping fantasy epics.
The game set the standard for RPG magic rules. These simple yet flexible rules allow players to create their desired effects without relying on a standard list of spells.
This 4th edition core book introduces a unique combat system, improvements in character advancement, and expanded rules on covenant generation. Although the 4th edition of Ars Magica is out of print, it is available as a FREE PDF download.
For more information on the current edition of Ars Magica — 5th edition — visit its line page.
- 1996 Origins Award Nominee – Best Roleplaying Rules.
|Original Design:||Jonathan Tweet and Mark Rein•Hagen|
|4th Edition Developer:||Jeff Tidball|
|MSRP:||$32.95 US (softcover, out of print), $45.00 US (hardcover, out of print), Free (PDF)|
|Atlas Stock #:||AG0204 (softcover), AG0204HC (hardcover)|
|Barcode:||1-887801-55-3 (softcover), 1-887801-56-1 (hardcover)|
|Format:||272 pages, 8.5” x 11”, perfect bound or case bound, PDF|
|Release Date:||December 1996|