Covenants at a Glance
- Summarizes and builds upon the information on covenants from the fifth edition core book.
- Focuses covenant creation on Boons (which help the players) and Hooks (which drive stories).
- Provides additional optional systems (like covenant finances) for use in the right campaign. Pick and choose the elements that work for your game.
Power in Numbers: More about Covenants
The covenant is the home of magi and the heart of an Ars Magica saga. The right covenant provides a place for magi to hone their skills, rest their heads, and break bread with their fellow magi.
This supplement provides detailed information about covenants to serve as a home base for adventure and plot. Or bring a tale of internal strife to your table, pitting magus against magus for control of their home and livelihood.
In this expansion, you'll find detailed information on the magical resources a covenant provides, as well as story ideas and conflict generators. A story set in a covenant in the grips of anarchy, funded by money lenders of a somewhat dubious nature would be very different from a game set in a small democratic covenant with an extensive library that runs a charity school for the poor. Or set the two covenants at odds.
Build a home sweet magical home to suit any magus with this Covenants expansion.
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: Boons and Hooks
- Chapter 3: Governance
- Chapter 4: Covenfolk
- Chapter 5: Wealth and Poverty
- Chapter 6: Vis Sources
- Chapter 7: Library
- Chapter 8: Sanctum
- Chapter 9: Laboratory
- Appendix: Play Aids
|Authors:||Timothy Ferguson, Mark Shirley, Andrew Smith, and Neil Taylor|
|Atlas Stock #:||AG0280|
|Format:||144 pages, hardcover|
|Release Date:||January 2006|