The Revolution Will Be Mechanized!
Cogs and Commissars is a clever card game of glorious robot revolution, where players control the means of production.
You are an inspirational leader! You might take the role of the Artificial Stalintelligence, Simulenin, or Gorobotchev, among others. You have your own faction and your own deck of cards.
On your turn, you grow your faction in two ways:
- First, you produce more robot citizens.
- Second, you use propaganda to sway citizens from other factions to join your own chrome-plated cause.
You also play cards to send rival robots to the gulag, promote citizens within your faction, revitalize production, and more. Each turn your actions make your faction grow.
Once you have enough citizens aligned with your algorithm, you launch your glorious robot revolution. Other factions struggle valiantly to keep you from achieving this goal — only the most stalwart robot faction can win above all others.
For the motherboard!
No one's ever out of this game. You can always make it back…you never feel like it's hopeless. Let's be honest: Atlas Games has been hitting it out of the park lately. The Board Game Kaptain
A Smarter Take on “Take-That!”
Don’t be fooled by other games about communist robot propaganda! Cogs and Commissars has layers — like a matryoshka doll! — and its rules bring happiness to all preferences and experience levels.
Like casual play? Cogs and Commissars provides pre-built faction decks. It’s easy to pick up and play any time.
- Multiple card plays per turn — including any-time blitz actions — make everyone feel smart and active, without confusing timing rules.
Like deep mastery? Cogs and Commissars also provides a deeper experience for veteran, expert, and TCG players:
- Drafting options allow players to customize their decks and strategies.
- Card effects and abilities interact in subtle, interesting, and powerful ways. These combos reward thought and imagination — there’s rarely an obvious or best play.
- Each faction’s key ability suggests different strategies and tricks.
Easy to enjoy for all, each according to their need.
The limited-edition deluxe version lets you play the same game as the standard edition, only more production resources are assigned to it so it is more equal by capitalist standards. It features high-quality components including custom card sleeves, neoprene player mats, and wood tokens. Definitely not elitist.
|Graphic Designer:||Nicolas Gluesenkamp|
|Atlas Stock #:||AG1431|
|Format:||192 poker-sized cards with sleeves, 84 wood citizen counters, and 6 neoprene player mats|
|Number of Players:||2–6|
|Play Time:||30–45 minutes|
|Release Date:||October 2018 (crowdfunding backers), November 2018 (retail channel)|